When I think of comfort food I always think of a big ol’ pot of beans and rice with some cornbread, cooking up on the stove. It just warms your heart and brings a smile to your face. They are very easy to make. This one pot meal packs lots of flavor and your family’s gonna love them.
- 1 lb Camellia Brand Great Northern (Large White) Beans
- 1/2 lb ham
- 8-10 cups water
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green onion, garnish
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 toe garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Cover beans with water and start to cook over low fire.
- Add ham, celery, bell pepper, onion and garlic to beans.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- cook about 2 hours, or until tender.
- If necessary, add water while cooking.
- Serve with long grain rice. Garnish with green onion.