If you’re looking for the perfect pick me up for the winter blahs, I have the perfect dessert treat for you. This wonderful warm wintertime treat is a delicious lemon pudding cake. Served warm, it will warm your heart and the bright citrus tang will have you dreaming of summer time in no time. No more falling snow, no more unrelenting icy rain, just a fork full of lemony sunshine and a smile on your face. I am sure you will find this all in one dish cake really easy to make, so why not bring a little sunshine to your dinner table tonight.
Just a few last notes for you about this recipe. If you want a more lemony flavor you can add some lemon zest or you can even change the flavor of the pudding to say chocolate, it works great also.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF, and prepare cake batter as directed on package. Pour batter into a 13×9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Beat dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water with whisk 2 min.; pour over batter in dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet. (Baking sheet will catch any sauce that might bubble over sides of dish as dessert bakes.)
- Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Source – kraft.com