Are you ready for some of the best fluffy pancakes that you have ever eaten? This is the very best recipe for pancakes that you will ever see. You will never need any other pancake recipe. I have tried many recipes for pancakes over the years and could never get them just right. Then I found this one and when I realized that it made for perfect pancakes, I knew I would never need another pancake recipe again.
This recipe also includes a great trick for substituting buttermilk. Don’t let the sour milk scare you. Any time you need buttermilk in a recipe you can add vinegar to regular milk and get the same result. Don’t worry your pancakes will not taste sour at all. One last note if you are cooking for more than two or three people you will want to double the recipe.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- non stick cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.