I have a great love for salsa of all kinds. I have been looking for a great salsa canning recipe and finally found the one. I sure hope your family loves it as much as mine. If you need any canning supplies please check out the store It has just about anything you need. I have also included a few great canning books if ya want to venture out a little more.
- 8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 cup canning salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes.
- Seal in sterile jars and cook in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Note *This is a medium salsa chunky salsa.