I have another great treat for you today. Continuing on with the savory cupcake trend I give you tack cupcakes. These are just as yummy as the real thing, and just like the lasagna cupcakes their portion is very diet friendly. These are super easy to make and you can have them on the table in under an hour, so they are great for a weeknight dinner. They also make for great party fare as finger food, your guests will love that they can just grab one and go.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package of taco seasoning mix
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 36 tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional toppings: sour cream, diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and water called for on the package and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup. Layer about 1 Tbsp of refried beans on top of each wonton. Crush one tortilla chip on top of the beans. Top with 1 Tbsp of taco meat and 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese. Repeat the layers again with a wonton wrapper, refried beans, tortilla chips, taco meat, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cupcakes from oven let sit 5 min, remove from tray and top with your favorite taco toppings (i.e. sour cream, diced tomatoes, onion, or cilantro).