Here is a super cute Easter bunny cake, and you’re not gonna believe how easy it is to make. No need to worry you don’t need any special pans. All you need is two 8 inch round cake pans. One 8 inch round for the face and the other 8 inch round makes up the ears and bow tie. Check out the diagram below for directions on how to carve this adorable Easter bunny cake.
Not only will the kids flip for this cake so will all your other guests. They will never believe how easy it is. You can either ice the cake or you could cover it in different color coconut, or I have even seen them covered in marshmallows and candy.
- 1 box (18.25) cake mix , any flavor, check box for additional ingredients required, such as eggs and vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 cans 16 oz. each vanilla frosting
- For decorating use assorted candies, jelly beans, licorice strips, Jordan almonds (or any other egg-shaped candy), sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and follow instructions to bake cake in two 8-inch round pans. Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Using sharp paring knife, cut one layer into three pieces, as shown in diagram (above). Using a bit of frosting, attach both ears to the top of the round cake and the bow tie to the opposite end.
- Cover entire cake with frosting, using a lightly swirled pattern. Create the bunny’s face by using jelly beans for the eyes, a Jordan almond for the nose and licorice rope for the whiskers and mouth. Decorate the bow tie with jelly beans in the center and licorice strips on the sides. Adorn the ears with sprinkles or decorating sugar.