This recipe is so quick, easy to make and is just delicious. I use to love going out to pick the berries when I was young. Grandma would say “I think I will make me a cobbler today,” and we were off to do some picking. I hope your family will enjoy this cobbler as much as mine did.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries. Important *do not use blueberries on this one.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cream, whipped or ice cream, if desired
- In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms. Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. Serve warm with cream.
*NOTE Mix batter as gently as possible, and you’ll be rewarded with a tender and moist cobbler.Calphalon Classic Bakeware 8-Inch Square Nonstick Cake Pan