This recipe for slow cooker pulled pork is about the easiest thing you will ever cook. With only a few ingredients, it just doesn’t get much easier than this. You just put it in your slow cooker and forget about it. It makes for a perfect weeknight meal, already finished and waiting when you get home.
The recipe calls for using a pork tenderloin, however if cost is an issue (and it is for most of us now) you can use a shoulder cut instead. Ladies this is serious man food at its best and they will never believe how easy this is to make. It is also perfect for game day fare, and with the Super Bowl right around the corner, I thought this was just the recipe to wow your guests.
- 1 two pound pork tenderloin
- 1 12 ounce bottle of root beer
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 18 ounce bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 or so hamburger buns
- Slice onion and place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, and place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over meat, cover and cook on low until shreds easily, 6-7 hrs.
- Remove pork, drain well, shred and return pork and onions to slow cooker.
- Stir in BBQ sauce and serve over hamburger buns.