A couple of days ago I posted the recipe for baked apple chips, well this is what I would consider to be the kicked up version. These are sweet and spicy but they are not to overpowering for the kiddies. Spiced baked apple chips are the perfect healthy, super easy to make, sweet crispy treat. These also make for wonderful Christmas presents. Put them in a mason jar with a bow and you have a great gift anyone would love to have.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole apples
- Preheat oven to 200 f.
- Slice apples horizontally very thinly (1/8″ thick) with a mandolin or sharp knife. Remove and discard the core and seeds.
- Toss the apples gently in the spice mix and coat well. Arrange apple slices in a single layer on rimmed baking sheets that you’ve lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Bake for about 2 – 4 hours, turning the apple chips halfway through cooking. Cool on wire racks and then store in an airtight container.