Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite shrimp dishes. I love it on the side with a nice juicy steak. Now that’s some good stuff. We all know when you add pasta to anything it makes it better. Now we combine them and make a dish that is to die for. No longer is scampi just a side dish now with the addition of some angel hair pasta we have an awesome entre. You can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes, perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Red-pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, cover, and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour 1 cup broth and the flour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to blend. Pour remaining broth and broth-flour mixture into saucepan; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and cook 3 minutes more. Stir in lemon juice, butter, and parsley. Pour over cooked pasta.