Ah Puppy Chow has been known by many names, Muddy Buddies, Monkey Munch, Sweet Millingers, Reindeer Chow, and no telling by what name you know it. I made this for the first time over 15 years ago. I liked it so much I carried the recipe in my purse for years. That was a time when I could not boil water. This is super easy to make its an addictive, peanut butter and chocolate, crispy and crunchy, sweet and salty treat that is a hit at all the parties and abounds gift baskets during the holiday season.
I know most of you have probably been making this for years, but I thought I would share it with the very few who aren’t “in the know”. There are some new versions of this old classic out there now and I will be posting those for y’all a bit later.
- 8 cups of Chex or Crispex cereal
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a saucepan over low heat melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in the cereal until coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into a plastic Ziploc bag. Add coated cereal and shake until well coated.
- Store in an airtight container.