Here we have the winning recipe of the 45th annual Pillsbury Bake-Off. A wonderfully sweet new twist on pumpkin ravioli with flaky crescent dough, cream cheese and caramel sauce. Can you imagine taking a savory dish like ravioli and making it sweet, with whipped cream salted caramel sauce, wow. You have to make this at home, your guests will for sure be impressed with this one, and you will thank me for it.
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons Hershey’s caramel syrup
- 4 tablespoons Cinnamon Sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Add egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, 3 tablespoons of the flour and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low-speed until blended. Reserve 4 teaspoons of the pecans; set aside. Stir remaining pecans into pumpkin mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of the flour. Unroll 1 can of dough on floured surface with 1 short side facing you. Press dough into 14×12-inch rectangle.
- With paring knife, lightly score the dough in half horizontally. Lightly score bottom half of dough into 12 squares (3×2 1/4-inch each). Spoon heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin filling onto center of each square.
- Gently lift and position unscored half of dough over filling. Starting at the top folded edge, press handle of wooden spoon firmly between mounds and along edges of pumpkin filling to seal. Using toothpick, poke small hole in top of each ravioli. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut between each ravioli.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, dough sheet and filling. Brush ravioli with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and salt with electric mixer on high-speed until soft peaks form. Beat in 2 tablespoons of the caramel syrup until stiff peaks form. Transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove ravioli from oven. Sprinkle ravioli with 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar; turn. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- To serve, place 2 ravioli on each of 12 dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with scant teaspoon of the caramel syrup; sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans. With spoon, swirl remaining 1 tablespoon caramel syrup into bowl of whipped cream. Serve warm ravioli with whipped cream.