Here is a great easy to make, go to recipe for pumpkin bread. I like to make this every year to give away as Christmas presents. If you are making it for yourself however, you could also whip up an easy cream cheese frosting to go with it. We tend to like it served warm with a little butter slathered on top. I like to look at it this way,you could go to Starbucks and buy a slice of pumpkin bread or you could make your own three whole loafs of pumpkin bread for about the same price.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 7 x 3 inch non stick loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.