Way down here in the south we like to make these super yummy, caramel, crunchy things called pralines. I do promise to post up my recipe for pralines really soon, but for now though I bring you an easy to make praline cheesecake. This cheesecake is so light and creamy, and full of caramel goodness that it just melts in your mouth.
This recipe will be a guaranteed winner will all your family and friends, and you will not believe how easy it is to make. It’s a sure-fire showstopper, with that creamy cheesecake center and that ooey-gooey caramel-pecan topping cascading down the sides.
- 66 Nilla wafers, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 25 Caramels
- 3 Tbsp. milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Crush 50 wafers finely, mix with 1/4 cup sugar and margarine. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Stand remaining wafers around edge, pressing gently into crust to secure.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low-speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until center is almost set. Run small knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Microwave caramels and milk on HIGH 1 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every 30 sec. Cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake; top with nuts.
Source – kraft.com