This recipe will make for perfect pot roast each and every time. The roast will just fall to pieces, be very tender and full of flavor. You can use either a beef roast or a pork roast with this same recipe. Its an easy to make one pot meal that your family will love just as much as mine does.
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste ( you need a good bit of pepper)
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- enough water to cover about 1/3 of the roast
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oil to pot, brown on all sides over high heat, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and add the soup mix, carrots, onion, potatoes, garlic and celery to pot and add water until 1/3 way up the roast.
- Cover and cook on 350 for about 2-3hrs or until tender.
Note* This can also be cooked in slow cooker on low for about 8hrs.