With Easter coming up right around the corner, I wanted to make some easy kid friendly treats. Treats that were both easy to make and really cute so the kids could help make them to take to school for their friends as Easter gifts. I found these cute little Easter chicks on food.com and I just knew that these little Nutter Butter Easter chicks were just perfect for this project.
- 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 12 ounces yellow candy melts or
- (12 ounces white chocolate candy melts, with yellow food coloring)
- 8 orange Tic Tac mints ( beak)
- black decorating gel (eyes) or icing ( eyes)
- wax paper
- Cut the Tic Tac’s in half to form the chick’s beak. Set aside.
- Melt the candy coating as directed on the package. I use the microwave. If using white candy melts, add enough yellow food coloring to get a bright yellow tint.
- Dip the Nutter Butter cookies in the melted candy coating, shake off the excess, then lay on the wax paper. Allow the coating to harden, about 10-20 minutes.
- Pipe eyes on each chick. Add eyebrows or eye lashes if you like — It tends to give them more personality.
- Beak: Attach the beak using a bit of melted candy coating.