Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Now with Christmas coming up fast on its heels, you may find yourself having to cook breakfast for a crowd. Maybe you and your family are getting ready for a power shopping day and want to fill up with a super easy to make breakfast. Well if you love cinnamon rolls boy have I got a treat for you. Ladies and gentlemen I give you monkey bread.
Monkey bread is also been known by other names, such as pull apart bread and bubble bread. It is soft and tender and covered in a sticky brown sugar caramel sauce. This is good stuff my friend and will have you licking your lips and counting the days until you can make it again.
- 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube/Bundt pan.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut uncooked biscuits into quarters using a pizza cutter. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix at a time.
- Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan.
- Place your tube or Bundt pan on a cookie sheet before placing it in the oven to catch any spills.
- n a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for no more than 5 minutes to avoid sticking, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.