Oh happy day. Can you believe cupcakes have gone savory. These little bites of heaven are so good and just a perfect portion to keep your diet in check. The variations that come to mind are many. Do you make a veggie lasagna or maybe a healthy version using turkey or low-fat cheese. However if you are anything like me, you make them full flavor just as they are, then maybe just maybe you eat just one.
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese (7 oz)
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (7 oz)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (3 oz)
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
- Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time.
- Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce.
- Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
- Garnish with basil and serve.