When the cold days of winter set in its always nice to reach for something warm to drink. My personal favorite warm beverage of choice is hot chocolate with a big scoop of whipped cream on top. Now I have a great alternative to that hot cup of chocolate. This is a great desert you can make year round and everyone will love it. It has the taste of that warm chocolate in a beautiful cup of light and fluffy chilled mousse.
This is a super easy to make, no bake dessert and you can have them done and in the fridge to chill in just under 15 min. I love the idea of placing it in some pretty little cups with a big dollop of whipped cream on top. You get a lot of bang for very little effort on this one. Enjoy!
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 packages instant hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream, if desired for topping
- Ground cinnamon, if desired for topping
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high-speed until cream begins to thicken.
- On medium speed, beat in powdered sugar and cocoa mix until blended. Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and the vanilla, then beat on high-speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon mousse into individual dessert dishes. Garnish with whipped cream; sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source – bettycrocker.com