It’s confession time, and I must confess that this country girl is a certified carb addict. I love all carbs but I must say bread is by far my favorite. I use to love going to Ryan’s just to eat those rolls with the honey butter. I have been looking for a recipe to make those rolls at home for some time now. I have tried quite a few of them without success until I found this recipe.
These are just outstanding dinner rolls. These go great with a wonderful family fall dinner full of comfort foods at home with the family. Just make these tonight, you won’t be sorry. Like me you will find yourself reaching for this recipe time and again.
- 2¼ tsp. instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105-115˚ F)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cups bread flour
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. honey
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the yeast and warm water. Add the honey, oil, salt, and egg and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of the flour and mix until the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
- Switch to the dough hook and, with the mixer on low-speed, incorporate the remaining 1 cup of flour.
- Continue kneading on low-speed for about 8 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, turn once to coat, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in a warm, draft-free spot until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 30 seconds.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 10-12 equal size pieces.
- Shape each piece into a smooth ball and place into a round, lightly greased 9- or 10-inch round baking dish, spacing evenly.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free spot for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
- Mix together the melted butter and honey, and brush the tops of the rolls with the mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the rolls are baked through.
- Let cool slightly before serving.