Halloween is not complete without some oogie googie creepy crawlers. These are so friggin awesome and super easy to make. They even look like they just came out of the ground. All you need to make this dish complete is add a few crushed Oreo’s as a bed and my friends we have dirt. These are a bonafide guaranteed hit for your next Halloween bash.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder or 1 (6 ounce) package grape flavor gelatin
- 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 100 flexible plastic straws
- 1 tall slender 4 cup container (same height as extended straws)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12 -15 drops green food coloring
- In a bowl, combine gelatins.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling-pin, or use your fingers; lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.
source – food.com