Y’all are gonna love me for this one. This awesome recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare. I am talking about from prep to table done in under 20 minutes. Shrimp verde is so versatile that you can just about make anything with it. I usually pair my grilled shrimp verde with pasta. It makes for the perfect weeknight meal, on the table in under 20 minutes.
This recipe is perfect for making shrimp tacos, shrimp pasta, shrimp and grits, or as a main dish by itself. Just about anything you can think up, this recipe for grilled shrimp verde is the perfect dish. Trust me give this one a try and your family will be begging for more.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and scallions briefly. ( Be careful not to brown the garlic.)
- Toss in salt, crushed red pepper flakes, shrimp, saute until shrimp are pink barely opaque.
- Stir in parsley, reduce heat and simmer another minute.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle freshly grated cheese.
Source – adpated from food.com