This cake is so easy to make and it has some serious impact. There are so many versions of poke cake that it boggles the mind when you think about it. This one is special though (at least to me) cause it’s the one my grandma use to make. This version is a sheet cake but if you want double the impact go for a couple of 9 inch rounds. This weekend is the finale of True Blood and I thought this cake would be awesome for your wrap party. If you were to add some blood red food coloring to the icing. Wow what an impact. Enjoy!
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13×9-inch pan.
- Cool cake in pan 15 min. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in bowl and stir for 2 min or until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Frost cake with COOL WHIP, adding food coloring if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 more hour and enjoy.