With the thermostat moving on up, it will be summer in no time. For those ladies who are trying to shed a few pounds ahead of bikini season I have a treat for you. This diet friendly fruit salsa with baked cinnamon chips is just the sweet succulent treat that you are looking for.
This delicious salsa made with fresh kiwis, apples and berries is a sweet, succulent treat when served on yummy homemade baked cinnamon chips. You can enjoy it as a summer appetizer, a wonderful snack or even a light easy dessert. Trust me the whole family will flip for this one. One last note don’t be afraid to mix up or change the fruit to work with whatever fruits are beautiful and in season.
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.