I love these fireworks cookies and I think that they are the perfect cookie for this time of year. These cookies are really easy to make and tend to be a big crowd pleaser also. If you are new to icing cookies or if this is your first time using royal icing, then this is the perfect cookie to try your skills on.
What you need:
- Round sugar cookies
- Royal icing tinted with AmeriColor Super Red, Bright White, and Royal Blue
- Disposable icing bag
- Coupler with a #2 tip
- 3 squeeze bottles
- First you want to outline all of the cookies using a #2 tip.
- Then, thin all 3 icings with water to the consistency of a thick syrup.
- Let the icing sit for several minutes covered with a damp dish towel.
- Then stir with a silicone spatula to pop any air bubbles that have risen to the surface and then transfer the icing to squeeze bottles.
- Now working three cookies at a time, fill in the circles with white icing.
- Use a toothpick to guide the icing to the edges and to pop any bubbles.
- Now starting with the first filled cookie, pipe the thinned red and blue icing in circles on top of the wet white icing.
- Next take a clean toothpick and starting from the center drag it to the outside of the cookie and continue this all the way around the cookie.
- Make sure you wipe off your toothpick each time you drag the toothpick through the icing.
- Make sure you let the cookies dry overnight before you stack or package them.
Source – marthastewart.com, bakeat350.blogspot.com