Don’t let the thought of making dressing scare you. Here is a super easy way to make dressing that you can eat anytime of year. It is really good and its made with chicken instead of turkey. I love to make this for a weeknight dinner. You can have it on the table in under an hour and you can pair it with anything. So if this is your first time making dressing, this is a great one to start off with.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 box chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 med onion, optional
- 2 stalks celery, optional
- Boil chicken in water for approx 20 min, let cool and shred
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice celery and onion
- Add butter to sauce pan, when butter is melted all celery and onion, and cook until just soft
- Mix the soups together in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Mix in the milk, salt, pepper, onion and celery, and shredded chicken
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, and spread on top of casserole.
Bake for approx 25 min, until browned and bubbly.