These push pop peeps are just too cute for words. If you are looking for a super cute Easter dessert that requires no cooking at all and is really easy to make, these push pop peeps are just the thing for you. Everyone will think you worked for hours in the kitchen making these. They are just the perfect party dessert, you can hold them in your hand and you don’t even need a plate.
Now you can make these push pop peeps really easy as I have describe here or you can make them truly homemade. You could bake your own pound cake and make your own buttercream frosting. It’s totally up to you, but I wanted to show y’all a really easy Easter dessert, that looks truly beautiful. If you don’t have any push pops yet, I will post a link to them below and you can grab them from my Amazon store.
- 3 containers food coloring, in different colors
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 12 push pop containers
- 12 PEEPS Marshmallow bunnies
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- Assemble push pop containers, if needed.
- Add food coloring to frosting. If using three different colors, divide frosting equally into three bowls, then add a drop or two of color to each bowl, mixing well to combine.
- Spoon frosting into three zipper-style storage bags. (You will snip a bottom corner off of each bag to pipe frosting out of the bags.)
- Place thawed pound cake onto a cutting board. Cut in half horizontally.
- Using a push pop container as a cutter, cut out round pieces of the pound cake. Each push pop will need two circles of pound cake.
- Snip a bottom corner off of each zipper bag of frosting, leaving approximately a 1/4 to 1/3-inch hole in the bottom corner of the bag.
- Squeeze a bit of frosting into the bottom of each of the push pop containers. Place a circle of pound cake into each push pop, pressing onto the top of the frosting.
- Squeeze frosting onto the top of the circles of pound cake in each container; repeat with another circle of pound cake and additional frosting.
- Place PEEPS Bunnies onto push pops whole, or cut them in half first for a better fit. Garnish with sprinkles if desired.
Source – delish.com