Easter is almost here y’all and for our house that means we get to make lots of cute little bunny treats. These adorable little Easter bunny cupcakes are just cute as can be and oh so easy to make. The kiddies will just love helping you out with making these bunny cupcakes.
I would like to challenge y’all to start a new tradition this year. Instead of dying those same old boring eggs, why not do something different and start your own tradition of making some cute little bunny treats. I promise ya that everyone will love eating these sweet treats a lot better than those left over boiled eggs. Happy Easter Y’all!
- 1 box white cake mix, plus additional ingredients as directed on package (except water)
- 1 cup milk (or more, if batter appears dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fluffy white frosting
- Assorted food coloring
- 6 large marshmallows
- Pink decorating sugar
- Small pink candies, such as jelly beans or Skittles
- 48 small blue candies, such as M&M Minis or chewable SweeTarts
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix as directed for 24 cupcakes, substituting milk for water and adding vanilla extract to batter. Bake and cool completely as directed.
- Spoon 2 cups frosting into a bowl and tint yellow, light blue, pale green or pink with food coloring. Frost your cupcakes.
- Spoon a dollop of remaining white frosting onto center of each cupcake for bunny faces.
- To make ears: Cut each marshmallow in half crosswise with kitchen shears, then cut each piece in half diagonally to form 2 ears, flattening slightly with your fingers. Press cut side in pink decorating sugar. Stick 2 ears into each of white frosting mounds.
- Use pink candies to make noses, blue candies for eyes and chocolate sprinkles for whiskers.