The perfect summertime appetizer. Your gonna love these. Yum-O!
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil drained or dried)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 large basil leaves chopped (stems removed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette sliced
- butter for skillet/ griddle
- Heat enough butter in a skillet or on a griddle just to coat it. Once the butter has melted place slices of french baguette on top and cook each side until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with the rest of the baguette.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Serve immediately.