Here is a great award-winning chili recipe, that would make a great addition to your Super Bowl party. This chili can be made right in your crock pot so it is perfect for tailgating. You will find this chili to be rather spicy, so you may want to adjust the heat a bit to meet your taste. This recipe is really good and sure to be man food approved.
- 1 lb of Ground Pork
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 cans of Chili Beans
- 1 can of Kidney Beans
- 1 15 ounce jar of salsa (medium or hot)
- 1 12 ounce jar of Chili Sauce
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 medium Onion – Diced small
- 1 green pepper – Diced small
- 1 Tbl spoon minced garlic
- 2 Tbl spoons of olive oil
- 3 Tbl spoons of Chili Powder
- 2 Tbl of Cumin
- 1 Tbl of Seasoning Salt
- 1 Tbl of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbl Tabasco Sauce
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- Saute diced onions and green pepper in Olive oil and minced garlic until soft. Add these to crock pot.
- Brown pork and then hamburger (separately). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add this meat to the crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients to the crock pot. Adjust seasonings to taste. (careful, this is spicy as is)
- Cook in a crock pot for a minimum of 2 hours on high.
- Serve with shredded cheese, chopped raw onion, sour cream, crackers, (optional).