For those of y’all looking for a great St Patrick’s Day recipe, I have just the one for you. This chocolate candy fudge is super easy to make and it is a real crowd pleaser. It makes for perfect gift giving for any holiday. You can change the green food coloring to any color you wish to fit the season. I got nothing but complements when I took these to a family get together last year. I made a double batch and they were all gone in no time.
One thing about this recipe you should know is to make sure your chocolate is thoroughly melted before you start to spread it or it will be to hard to spread. You can always put it back on the heat if you find it a little hard to spread. I find it is easier to spread with an off set spatula, although you could use the back of a spoon.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating ( see below )
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup milk.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8-in. square pan; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir candy coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares.