Have you ever thought of eating creepy little mice or icky little rats? Of course not! Even the thought of eating such a thing seems just so icky, gross, and just plain wrong. Now think of the mice or little rats made of sweet decadent chocolate. There is just something about eating chocolate critters that brings a little sinister smile on my face. Turning something so wrong into something oh so right that just makes this country girl happy.
These would make for great party fare at your next Halloween bash. Your guests will love eating these creepy little critters. These are so easy to make and when you place them on a bed of Rice Krispies with a few chocolate sprinkles, wow they look so dang real. The kids will have a blast helping you make these. Do yourself a favor and have some family fun this weekend, make some chocolate mice with the kiddies.
- 4 (1 once) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 24 silver Dragees decorating candy
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 12 (2 inch ) long pieces red vine licorice
- Melt the chocolate, and combine with sour cream. Stir in 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end (the nose).
- Roll dough in confectioners sugar (for white mice), and in chocolate cookie crumbs (for dark mice). On each mouse, place Dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices for ears, and a licorice string for the tail.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, until firm.