Most of y’all already know that I am a self-confessed carb addict. I really love me some potatoes. Any way you want to cook them count me in. I feel like I should be at a meeting somewhere.” Hello my name is Angelia and I’m a carb addict. My carb of choice is potatoes.” Hehehe and yes it is really that bad or good depending on one’s point of view. I mean who could not love these cheese and bacon potatoes, be still my heart. pun intended! These are even better than potato skins cause you get more potato. We are talking some serious man food here.
For those of you who do not live in the south I have to let you in on a little secret This Sunday is a very special holiday for us southern’s. It’s the start of, wait for it, NASCAR The Daytona 500. That means it’s the official start of our tailgating season and there will be lots of hungry rednecks to feed ( you gotta know the word redneck is a term of endearment for me, especially cause I happen to be one, just saying).
Where was I? Oh yeah, These yummy, soft, and fluffy potatoes make for some really good finger food. They are super easy to make and are a real crowd pleaser. So whether you are planning an Oscar party this weekend or plan on feeding some hungry Nascar fans, you can not go wrong with some great cheese and bacon potatoes.
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush both side of potato slices with butter; place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated 400 degrees F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- When potatoes are ready, top with bacon, cheese, and green onion; continue baking until the cheese has melted.
Source – allrecipes.com