Have you ever found yourself in a position to have to cook for an army in a flash? Well I’ve got ya covered with this awesome breakfast taco dish. This recipe brings together all the stars of a breakfast taco with the superstar flavor of Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links. For an even better breakfast taco, bring in other favorites like salsa, sour cream and avocados. Whatever your taste, Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage goes great with anything!
- 2 packages (12 ounces) Johnsonville breakfast sausage, cooked
- 14 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 dozen eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Warm oven to 200˚F.
- Prepare all the condiments of your choice for the tacos: cheese, tomatoes, ect cover and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil place in oven to warm through.
- Cook sausages according to the package directions. Transfer to a baking dish, cover and keep warm in the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, add ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil. When the oil is hot add the eggs and allow them cook until the bottom is just set. Pull the edges to the center and allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom and continue cooking until done but still moist.
- Transfer eggs to a baking dish, cover and keep warm, until ready to serve.
- To assemble: fold warm tortilla in half and fill with a spoonful of scrambled eggs, 2 sausage links, top with cheddar, and toppings of your choice.
source – johnsonville.com