We are still in the Halloween spirit around here so now I bring you cupcake brains in a jar. These are so creepy and scary yet sinfully delish at the same time. In the first picture the brain is made from a mold but as you can see in the second picture a mold is not needed. These can be made with a piping bag and a plain round tip making a sort of zig zag motion.
These will truly be a knockout at your next Halloween bash or even as treats to give to family and friends. A gift they will never forget. If you are going for the brains in a jar you can print out the labels for free here. Remember if you are in need of any cooking or baking supplies you can always find great deals here in my store.
- Pink or white paper cupcake liners
- 1 recipe batter for red velvet cupcakes
- 1 recipe vanilla buttercream frosting
- Red and black food coloring
- Pastry bag and large round tip
- Line cupcake tins with the liners. Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full with the batter and bake the cupcakes as directed in the recipe.
- Mix a drop of red and black food coloring into the frosting to make it a pinkish gray brain color.
- Using the pastry bag, pipe the frosting in a squiggly pile on half of each cupcake top (brains have two hemispheres, you know). Now pipe the frosting in a squiggly pile on the other half of the cupcake top.