I have found great new twist on an old favorite that your family is sure to love. Ya’ll know this country girl is a self-confessed carb addict, I love my bread. Now for all my fellow carb addicts out there instead of making spaghetti sandwiches, and getting strange looks when the spaghetti falls out all over the place. We can now cook our spaghetti inside our bread, and impress everyone with the pretty bread at the same time, see no more strange looks and giggles. Yum-O!
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 6 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
- 1/2lb ground meat or Italian sausage (optional)
- Thaw the dough to rook temperature 2-3hrs for the bread loaf and 1-2hrs for the rolls.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Using parchment paper & spray rolling-pin with non stick cooking spray roll the dough out to about a 12x16in rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10-15 min.
- Mix cooked spaghetti, sauce and meat (optional) together, Remove plastic wrap and place mixture down the center of the dough.
- Place cheese cubes on top of spaghetti mixture.
- Make cuts 1 ½-inches apart on long sides of dough to within ½-inch of filling.
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Transfer braid and parchment to baking sheet.
- Brush top with egg whites, sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Garlic powder is optional.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 min or until golden brown, let cool slightly and slice.