Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. I have been away for a few days, but starting today I am back at it. I hope to be cooking, baking and blogging up a storm. I am once again participating in the NaBloPoMo (national blog posting month) through Blogher.com. Which means that I will try to post each and everyday for y’all through December. I hope y’all will come back daily and see what goodies I am making.
Let’s start things off with a bang. First off I must confess that I love all things banana. With that being said, this is by far my all time favorite muffin. I think when you try it, you will agree that it is really, really good.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.