While I don’t really care for cheese all that much ( I know crazy huh) I do however have a great love for mozzarella. There is something about that ooey gooey greatness that gets me every time. This recipe is so simple and easy to make, yet so perfect. This is best served with some crunchy bread and would make a great date night recipe.
- 8 ounce package of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 clove garlic minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- Grease a small ovenproof dish with a little extra virgin olive oil. Layer half of the mozzarella, then tomatoes, then garlic, then the rest of the mozzarella. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Place on the middle rack under your broiler for 5-7 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted and bubbly around the edges. Serve hot.